My photo
I am Hannah:) I graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University with a degree in Illustration and Animation in 2011. After I graduated I took a few months out to go to Africa where I volunteered in Kenya living with the Masai tribe, and in Tanzania teaching in the schools and painting educational murals. I had an amazing time and would go back in a heart beat. I came back to reality at the end of last year and have recently got a job working with children and young adults in residential care. Its going to be a challenge but Im up for it and very exited about being creative with these inspirational people.


I Love drawing happy, funny, cute and beautiful things, that make me feel nice inside. My work has meanings obviously but I like the feeling that it gives me whilst doing it the best :) Drawing and painting is my favourite thing to do. Pencils are my friends. Can’t beat a good bit of collage either.

Hope you enjoy my work, thank you please.

Sunday 6 June 2010

Working progress.....

I haven't any photos of my sketch books that I have with this project as I have now handed them all in but these are my final working, just before I scanned them in for editing.  

Project brief was to Illustrate one of 6 stories/poems, so I chose Lady Lazarus by Sylvia Plath.  I worked really hard on getting the right mood through out the sketchbooks.  Being a very deep poem in which Sylvia Plath writes her persona to be a very unstable and emotion being, I had to really grab for what she may have being feeling, so that I could generate as such the fitting imagery.  We had to have a mock-up of the whole book which included front and back pages, end papers, copy right and title page. And then for the finals we had to fully finish all of these and 3 double page spreads.  EFFORT I know! But here are my finals as I said not edited or scanned in yet and laid out on my bed so not so clear....


Click to enlarge if you wish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment